Gerry is on pain meds and he is halucinating a bit. Today he wasn't as bad. He only saw a few spiders. The highlight of the day was, whilst waiting for the oncologist, he was lying on the examining table. He was looking at the ceiling and spotted another spider. He said Look-at-the-spider! I said It-is-not-a-spider. He said Yes-it-is. I-see-it-moving. I said Gerry-it-is-a-mark-on-the-ceiling-tile. And-it-is-winter-and-it-is-the-hospital. He said IT-IS-A-SPIDER. With that, he jumped off the table, grabbed the National Geographic I was reading, got up on the table on his knees and took a swipe at the ceiling with the Amalfi Coast! All the while, the IV hooked to his PICC line strained toward the IV pole.
He never did admit it wasn't a spider. In fact, he remarked later this evening, he wanted to go back and prove to me it WAS REALLY a spider!!
The staff is working on getting his meds regulated.
KUDOS go to Carl and Donna for feeding the stove and walking the dogs.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment