Gerry had a "slow" day yesterday. He never got up until 11:00 and then laid down on the couch after I disconnected his feeding tube. The new tube is much more comfortable. Thanks to my dear friend, (nurse) Susan, for gently encouraging Dr. Bannon to replace it.
I feel Gerry is getting a bit mixed-up, just not as sharp as was was. He was also saying that he noticed how free doctors were with their pain medication now. Also, Gerry asked Dr. Khan if it would be OK to have a beer and he said it would be. Gerry noted to me that liver problems and beer don't usually mix, so he said he KNOWS why the doctor said he partake in something he enjoys.
I was lookimg at some old pictures yesterday. It is very difficult to look at them now. There he is, working, playing, holding Jen, beside me. Everything was fine. How I yearn for those days again.
Gerry gets his chemo pump off today. He has to go in again in two weeks to get it on again.
Enjoy your day!!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've been trying to figure out how to send this message hopefully it will work today.
ReplyDeleteJoyce I just wanted to tell you the excellent job you did writing up this blog. It will be so much easier then repeating your message to everyone, as we are all concerened and interested in how Gerry is doing.
I think of you, Gerry, Jen, and all your family and remember you all in my prayers.
Take care of yourself too!