Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The WIngs of Angels

The angels' wings are seeking to enfold Gerry into their soothing clutches, but he resists. They are fluttering around, waiting, but he shuns them with regular deep breaths, blowing them away. Sometimes he taunts. He holds his breath. They swoop, wings outstretched but another strong breath is expelled and they are blown out of bounds. When the time is right, they will capture him, lifting him heavenward and into their world.

Jen and I are ready to let him go. We have seen him suffer enough.

2 comments:

  1. Joyce I just want you to know that you and Jen are always in my thoughts, all day and as I go through my everyday life and doing what I have to do. I think of you and Jen and just can't imagine what you must be feeling, how your hart’s must hurt. You and Jen are wonderful. And although right now and for a while you will wonder, how you find the strength to get out of bed every day and go about your everyday life, but as some time passes it will get a little bit easer each day.
    You are an amazing writer, and I am so glad you have the written word express how you feel.
    And I am honoured that you have invited me to share in what you have to say.
    Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you and Jen. We are family and we would take away the pain if we could.

    We love you all.

    Angie and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, Joey and I are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. You have shown great love, courage and incredible strength over the last year. Gerry has been very blessed to have you and Jen through this. All our love and prayers,

    Janet and Joey

    ReplyDelete